Thursday, August 28, 2008

Swan Lake




This group of swans stopped by our lake today to rest. They made quite a bit of noise as they flew over the house and landed in the middle of the lake.
As soon as they landed I grabbed my camera bag and sat on our dock to watch them swim. Sadly, I only had two lenses in the bag and neither was my "stalker lens" so this was the best pictures I could get.
They were in two groups. They had stopped the honking they were doing when they flew over the house, they were quiet and at peace. The swans separated into two groups, one was the older swans and the others were the younger swans that still had some brown on their necks. Some of them curled up and slept and some just floated.
It was a great break in my day. They stopped by to rest and I sat and watched them for about 30 minutes. I am reminded that each day I should stop for 30 minutes and recharge, quietly.
Sadly, one of my neighbors decided to go kayaking and the swans decided to fly on. I could have sat there for another half hour.
Now I have to figure out where I left my "stalker" lens.
(If you click on the picture to see it larger, the younger swans are on the right.)

1 comment:

Debby said...

Oh, Portia! You have a blog!

Swans are very lovely to watch. We had a pair for a time on the river.