Saturday, May 2, 2009

Florida in February

Mom and I left to Florida about 36 hours after Mic and I got back from Mexico. We flew through Atlanta, GA into Key West, FL. I had been to Key West several times but had never flew in their airport. The airport is tiny and being rennovated. There is only one belt for luggage and it's about 30 feet long as it snakes in and out of the building. You can pick up your luggage outside, how cool is that? Love these pink taxis!
We were coming back to Key West later so we got our rental car and headed to Marathon. This is part of the Seven Mile Bridge. It's such a beautiful drive and the sun was shining. The bridge pictured here is the old part that is no longer in use. The lower level is train tracks and the upper level was for cars.


Mom and I took this very seriously and made sure we had Key Lime Pie every night for dessert. We did find that we liked the Publix Key Lime Pie better. I have a receipe to make the pie with but was too lazy to make it while we were on vacation.




2 comments:

Debby said...

The taxi drivers there are Mary Kay reps?

Karen said...

No, but I think you are onto a great advertising idea for Mary Kay.